Subdivision Naming Quick Reference:
- Meet current Chapter 42 standard.
- No punctuation or symbols (i.e. no commas, no periods, no &, no @, no -).
- No articles at the beginning of plat names (i.e. "A" and "The").
- No full names of a person (e.g. Robert Jones Subdivision).
- No numbers at beginning of name.
- No street addresses in the subdivision name.
- No street intersections as subdivision name (i.e. Southeast corner of Smith Dr and Johnson street).
- No lot and block as subdivision name.
- Word abbreviations must be spelled out unless commonly known.
- Street Dedication Plat format: Name of Street + limits of street dedication
(from/to) + STD (e.g. Willow Street from Market Street to Hardy Drive STD).
- School format: District Name + Name of School (e.g. HISD Harvard Elementary
- MUD format: County Name/Development Name + District Name + Service (i.e.
Harris County MUD no 10 Water Plant no 4).
- Replat format: partial replats of single family subdivisions with separately
filed deed restrictions must be sequentially numbered referring back to the
original plat name.
If you require additional assistance, feel free to contact one of the individuals below.
|Planning and Development Dept./Development Services|
|Jennifer Ostlind, Division Manager||832-393-6569||Jennifer.Ostlind@houstontx.gov|
|Hector Rodriguez, Administrative Manager||832-393-6575||Hector.Rodriguez@houstontx.gov|
| || || |
|Technical Contact (Website and GIS) |
|Planning and Development Dept./Enterprise GISfirstname.lastname@example.org
| || || |
|City of Houston, 611 Walker St., 6th Floor, Houston, TX 77002